Chia seeds come from the salvia hispanica flower plant. These seeds are edible and belong to Mexico. Chia seeds are very small and have a lot of nutritious ingredients. It is now used as a dietary supplement as well.
Chia seeds are also very popular for their nutritious benefits in Bangladesh. You will get this super food in various grocery and super shops including foodarena.xyz. We are an online based shop that gives home deliveries of all the imported goods all over Bangladesh.
Chia seeds meaning in Bengali
In Bangladesh, chia seeds are commonly referred to as “chia seeds” or “chia” in English. The meaning of Chia seed in Bengali language is “চিয়া বীজ” (pronounced as “chia bij”). There are no specific Bengali name for “Chia”.
What are Chia seeds?
Chia seeds look like oval and gray-colored small seeds which are derived from the desert plant in the mint family. These seeds have the capability of absorbing 12 times more water than their weight. If it soaks into the water it will give a gel texture coating.
These seeds are full of nutrients and vitamins. People now regularly add these seeds to their diet chart to improve their health issues. Chia seeds in Bangladesh are also very popular and people now have them in their regular food as it has lots of good nutritious ingredients.
Chia Seeds Benefits:
Chia seeds have a lot of health benefits. Chia seeds are a nutritious and versatile food that have been consumed for centuries by indigenous people. These seeds are good for preventing many health diseases and play a vital role to loss weight. Chia seeds benefits have been given below:
- Rich in nutrients: Nutrients such as fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, magnesium, and antioxidants are abundant in chia seeds.
- May aid in weight loss: The high fiber and protein content of chia seeds may help to reduce appetite and promote feelings of fullness, which can aid in weight loss.
- May improve heart health: Chia seeds contain omega-3 fatty acids that have the potential to decrease triglyceride levels and alleviate inflammation, leading to better heart health.
- May lower blood sugar levels: Chia seeds may help to reduce blood sugar spikes and improve insulin sensitivity, making them a potential tool in managing diabetes.
- May improve digestive health: The high fiber content of chia seeds can help to promote bowel regularity and improve digestive health.
- May improve bone health: Chia seeds are a good source of calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus, all of which are important for maintaining strong bones.
- May improve exercise performance: The high carbohydrate and protein content of chia seeds may help to improve endurance and exercise performance.
However, chia seeds are amazing to reduce any heart disease. People intake chia drinks and various recipes of chia seeds for weight loss. Chia seeds have been doing an amazing job in the regard of weight loss.
Nutrition Facts of Chia Seeds
Here are the nutrition facts for one ounce (28 grams) of chia seeds:
- Calories: 137
- Protein: 4 grams
- Fat: 9 grams (including 5 grams of omega-3 fatty acids)
- Carbohydrates: 12 grams (11 grams of which are fiber)
- Calcium: 18% of the RDI (Recommended Daily Intake)
- Magnesium: 30% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 27% of the RDI
- Potassium: 9% of the RDI
Chia seeds are also a good source of vitamins B1, B2, and B3, as well as zinc, copper, and manganese. They are low in sodium and contain no cholesterol.
How to eat chia seeds?
Chia seeds are a versatile ingredient and can be incorporated into your diet. These seeds have no flavor and it is needed to add spices or other foods to make any recipes. There are several ways to eat chia seeds every day. Such as-
- Sprinkle on top of cereals, yogurt, or salads for a crunchy texture.
- Mix with water or plant-based milk to create a chia pudding, which can be flavored with fruit, cocoa powder, or sweeteners.
- Add to smoothies or juices for an extra nutritional boost.
- Use as an egg substitute in baking by mixing 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water and letting it sit for a few minutes until it becomes gel-like.
- Use as a thickener in sauces or soups by adding a tablespoon of chia seeds and letting it sit for a few minutes.
It’s important to note that chia seeds can absorb up to 10 times their weight in liquid, so be sure to drink plenty of water when consuming them to prevent dehydration. You can also use chia seed in the jam jelly, baking items like muffins, crackers as well as a bubble tea ingredient.
Why should you buy organic chia seeds from us?
We are selling the best quality imported Chia seeds in Bangladesh. Chia seeds are different from local any kind of seeds. Many of you may not get the good quality imported chia from a regular local store. Especially in the remote area of Bangladesh.
Perhaps, we are one of the online stores that give you 3 different size packs of chia seeds at a very reasonable price.